Folsom-Cordova Unified School District policy is to register all parent volunteers. If you will be volunteering for the Music Boosters as a chaperone, in the pit crew, working with uniforms, anyone working with students — you need to register.
If you are a returning parent with Category 2 status, you do not need to complete the forms again unless there have been changes to the information.
All parent volunteers must complete the Category 2 volunteer registration process. This includes all paperwork, TB test and live scan (if needed). We are not using the Category 1 Volunteer forms.
Category 2 - requires live scan fingerprinting
Driving a private car with students on a day field trip, chaperoning on overnight trips or any volunteering done without teacher supervision.
Download all 3 forms and turn in with your TB test.
- Download and complete the Category 2 Volunteer Application.
- Download and complete the Complete Volunteer Agreement.
- Download and complete the Complete Volunteer Acknowledgment of Receipt. This refers to the FCUSD Workers Compensation Managed Provider Network documnetDownload HERE.
- Provide a copy of TB test (good for 4 years). TB skin test results are good for 4 years. You can use your own doctor or go to one of the clinics held by the district (the district schedule is available for download).
- Turn all forms and TB test result into Mr. Gaesser - ASAP.
- Mr. Gaesser will get Principal signature.
- The Category 2 form will be returned to you to take to the District Office for a live scan form.
- Get a live scan (directions provided by the District office).
- Download and read the District Volunteer Handbook.
Q: Are all volunteers required to get Category 2 registered?
A: We are asking all volunteers to complete the Category 2 registration process - even if you have Category 1 paperwork on file.
Q: I am registered as a Category 2 volunteer at another school in the district. Am I required to register with Folsom High School?
A: Yes. If you have registered as a Category 2 volunteer at another school, you still need to register at Folsom High School. Please follow the instructions above and return the forms to Mr. Gaesser.